Tag Archives: Home Maintenance
- Avoid pointing sprinklers or hoses toward the house to keep water from seeping in at the foundation.
- Check for leaks around windows and doors, especially corners.
- Check your roof. Leaks are particularly common around chimneys, plumbing vents and attic vents.
- Check for leaking faucets, dripping or “sweating” pipes, clogged drains, and faulty water drainage systems.
- Act quickly – if a pipe bursts, turn off the water.
- If a natural disaster hits, board up windows as soon as it is safe to help prevent additional water damage