Below are a few suggestions to keep that wonderful home in tip-top shape!
- Defrost and clean any freezers that are not frost – free.
- Test and replace batteries in all smoke detectors and carbon dioxide detectors. Small task but could potentially save a life.
- Pressure-wash exterior surfaces such as patios, sidewalks, driveways & siding. The temperature is cooling down and makes an ideal time to tackle this task.
- Clean out the garage and/or storage building. Remove everything from your garage or storage building and make room for (3) different areas (1) keep, (2) donate & (3) trash. The donate pile is good tax write off or you could decide to sell at discounted prices for some extra cash. You may be surprised what you will find! Don’t forget to properly dispose of any cleaners and chemicals.
- Check and repair window and door screens. The milder weather of the fall season provides a great opportunity to air out your home while making small repairs. Don’t forget to wash the windows and doors while you’re at it!
- Aerate your lawn. You may want to hire a lawn professional to do this but don’t wait too long!
- Replace air filters throughout your home. This is important to keep your equipment working properly and to prevent premature failure. The less wear and tear means a longer life and increased comfort. Again, another small task that could save you big!