Well, of course! There are many different signs that Spring has arrived, birds singing, bulbs blooming, trees budding & of course warmer weather but a sign that may get overlooked is that local Farmers Markets reopen. Below is a list of some of the markets in our area.
- Conover Farmers Market set to open in April – end of October (Location: 501 1st Avenue South, Conovor, NC 28613) Saturdays 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Foothills Farmers Market set to open in April – October (Location: Washington Street on the Courthouse Square, Downtown Shelby) Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Gastonia Farmers Market set to open in June – November (Location: 410 East Long Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28054) Saturdays 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Mt Holly Farmers Market set to open May 9th – August 29th (120 South Main, downtown Mt Holly) Saturdays 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Denver Farmers Market set to open Saturday May 1st – September (Location: Rock Springs School 3633 Hwy 16 North, Denver, NC 28037 ) Saturdays 8:00 am- sells out
- Lincolnton Farmers Market set to open Saturday April 17th – Fall (Location: 225 West Water Street, Lincolnton NC 28092) Saturdays 7:00 am – sell out & starting 1st weeek in June – Tues, Thurs & Sat 7:00am – sell out
- Old Store Produce is open almost year round with seasonal items ranging from fruits & veggies in the spring to Christmas trees in the winter. (Location: 14720 Brown Mill Rd -Huntersville 704-992-6106)