Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in life, but don’t worry. The Lee Ann Miller Team will help you navigate the process of buying a home from start to finish. We will work together to find the right home for you.
As your preferred real estate team, we consider it a privilege to help you find a home and are committed to your total satisfaction.
Our Job Is To:
- Listen to you and identify just what you’re looking for in a home.
- Find homes that meet your wants and need.
- Negotiate the sale to your benefit.
- Coordinate the many details that come after a contract is signed: inspections, appraisals, any needed repairs and more.
- Be right by your side until you have the keys to your new home in your hand!
- Continue to be a trusted advisor throughout your homeownership experience.
Steps You’ll Take in Buying a Home
Here’s what to expect as you begin to look for a home:
- Meet with a mortgage consultant. At this point, you can choose to be pre-qualified or pre-approved. Pre-qualified means you’ve spoken with a lender and you’ve been given an estimate of an amount you might be approved for. It is not approval for a mortgage. Pre-approval is a more comprehensive process and means that the lender has checked your credit and has given you tentative approval for a mortgage, contingent on appraisal, title search and details related to the specific property you have chosen. Pre-approval allows you to move quickly when you see a house you like. It can also give you an edge in negotiation.
- Decide on a location and how much you can afford. We recommend using 1st to Know and our advanced map search to narrow your search. The Lee Ann Miller Team will help you as well.
- Tour homes with The Lee Ann Miller Team. Make sure that everyone involved in the decision-making is included on the home tours.
- Time to write an offer when you find a home you want to buy. The Lee Ann Miller Team will help guide you and provide you with professional advice during this process.
Your Offer is Now Accepted
- Inspect the property with a professional. Note concerns, make arrangements for and negotiate repairs, if any. Work with contractors to work out any issues before closing day. The Lee Ann Miller Team has several professionals that we work with on a daily bases and will help you select the right professional for you needs.
- Talk to Insurance Agent, which offers a wide variety of carriers and coverage, about your homeowners insurance. Do not have a company or agent? Do not worry, The Lee Ann Miller Team is well connected and has several contacts.
- Do a final walk-through.
- Start making moving arrangements. These include hiring a mover, completing change-of-address materials and making arrangements for utility services. The Lee Ann Miller Team can help you find a recommended mover.
- It’s time to sign the papers and get the keys to your home. The Lee Ann Miller Team will let you know the time, date and place of closing and will tell you about anything you need to bring to the table.
- Documents are sent to your lender and funds are disbursed.
- Documents are recorded in the county clerk’s office; a copy is sent to you.
- Title company issues the title policy, sends a copy to mortgage company and to you.